Calling

Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission Spanish Speaking - August 2016 to August 2018

Friday, August 26, 2016

Week 2 - August 26, 2016


Hola! It is my second P-day here at the CCM. This past week hasn't been as eventful as the first week and a half. Elder Porter and I have finally hit our stride and the days are getting easier. We joke that a day here feels like a week and a week feels like a day. I don't know why it feels like this but it does. We have finally gotten into a daily routine and so our stress has gone way down. Every day we get a little bit better at Spanish. We both can't wait to be in Louisiana serving and teaching the people there.

The best thing that happened to me this week is that I was able to give an Elder from my district, Elder Fly, a blessing. He started to get sick this week and asked if Elder Polad and I would bless him. It was really cool! We got all of the Elders together in his room at the end of the day to see the blessing. It is the second one that we have done as a district since we have been here.

Today for the second week in a row we got to go to the Mexico City Temple. It is such a pretty Temple. All the Elders in the district got to do an endowment session for family names my mom sent. It was awesome and they were all so excited to do it. 

I don't have much else to say for this week. Thank you for all the help and support and emails that you send. It means a lot to me.

Have a good week everyone and I will write again next week!