Calling

Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission Spanish Speaking - August 2016 to August 2018

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Week 7 - September 26, 2016

Hola de Opelousas!

I made it to Louisiana a little less than a week ago. I love it here! The heat is not nice but I can get more used to that. The people here are so nice! 

My training Elder is Elder Bean. He is a really cool guy. He is really into sports but cant play them much right now because of a concussion. He knows Spanish really well.  

So my first area is called Opelousas. It is more of a country area and there really arent many spanish speakers here. My comp and I are the first Spanish missionaries in this area for two years. We are reopening this area for Spanish teaching. It is hard because we have nothing to start with but it will be good. 

The people here are really nice. We have 6 missionaries in a ward of 70 people and they want to feed all of us all the time. The food here is really good. I have had Gumbo 3 times since I have been here! Everyone is open to talk with us even if they aren't wanting to hear our message.

I have been asked two times so far if I am a Jehovah's Witness.

My apartment has two other elders in it. They are Elder Hunter and Elder Otterstrum. We go out with them a lot because they know many people here. They are really cool English elders.

Well that is all that I have for now.
 
Elder Stoddard
 
Elder Bean and Elder Stoddard