Calling

Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission Spanish Speaking - August 2016 to August 2018

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Week 73 - January 3, 2018 - Happy New Year!

Hola y'all!

I hope all y'all lovely people are staying nice and warm out there cause us down here in NOLA definitely aren't! It got into the 20's this week! At one point a member told us it was 8 degrees with the windchill! Like what?! I thought I was never going to feel cold here in Louisiana but it looks like I bring cold weather with me! Haha oh well, better cold than hot in my opinion!

I hope y'all had a great New Year and that you are working hard on those New Years resolutions! This past Sunday I had the opportunity to speak both in the English branch and Spanish group about how we can use the Saviors Atonement in our lives to help us work through the struggles of live and to help us work on achieving goals! It was my first time speaking here in Chalmette and it was also my first time giving a talk in Spanish! It was kinda scary haha! So the main 3 points of my talk were
1) Pray
2) Make a plan/goal
3) Be patient
Life is kinda hard you know? We gotta remember that to make it through requires our action. We need to pray to our Heavenly Father for help and then go out and work like we are the only ones that can get us through the trial or goal or whatever it may be. If we are patient we will see the blessings of the Lord even in the midst of our trials and we will be soo much better for taking the hard path of faith.

Have a great week y'all :)

Elder Nathan Stoddard