Calling

Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission Spanish Speaking - August 2016 to August 2018

Monday, November 21, 2016

Week 15 - November 21, 2016

So this week has been a pretty entertaining. We now have a mandatory bike day for the mission. Every Thursday we are supposed to only ride bikes or walk if bikes aren't available. So Wednesday night rolls rolls around and we decided to work on our bikes to make sure that they were ready for the next day.  To my surprise both of the tubes in my bike are flat and on further inspection I find that both have holes in them.... I hadn't even ridden my bike on my mission yet..... So yeah I was not happy. We went to Walmart and guess what? They were stocked full off all different types of bike tubes, but they didn't have any of the kind I needed. So we moved our bike day to Saturday so that we could go out and find stuff for my bike.

Saturday was actually a pretty good day. We only got two lessons in because of how far we had to go on bikes but it was all good. We had a guy that likes to have us missionaries over to study the bible with him but he wasn't able to meet with us. On the ride from his house to ours we were stopped by a little girl that said that her mom wanted us to come in and talk to us. He mom asked if we could say a prayer with her because she had just gotten into a car accident on the way to her wedding and was still really shaken up. It was so cool to think that if we had not been on bikes that day we would not have met her.

So the other crazy thing from this week is the weather. We had a cold front come in and it has been cold!!! It is about 30 degrees in the morning! I love it. And it rained a little bit. And by a little I mean a lot... We were driving back from Eunice after a dinner appointment and it just let loose. We could hardly see the road. It only lasted for about 10 minutes but it was really cool.

So just a little scripture that I read in personal study this week. 

2 Nephi 9:51
Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your labor for that which cannot satisfy.Hearken diligently unto me, and remember the words which have spoken; ancome unto the Holy One of Israel, and feast upon that whicperisheth not, neither can bcorrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness.

Love you all! Have a wonderful week!!