Calling

Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission Spanish Speaking - August 2016 to August 2018

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Week 16 - November 28, 2016

Hey everyone!

So I just had my first Thanksgiving as a missionary and I am proud to report that I survived!  I was a little skeptical that I would make it but here I am. 

So the first appointment that we had was at noon on Thanksgiving. That was with the Jarnagin's and their extended family. They had about ten other people there and then all six missionaries. The food reminded me of what I would have had at home except there were no potatoes! What is Thanksgiving without potatoes? But it was very good food and it was fun to meet the extended family. None of them were members. The funniest people to meet were sister Jarnagin's mom and dad. The mom is the sweetest lady ever. She has dementia and asked us about 20 times if we lived in Opelousas and told us where she lived just as many times. I don't think I will ever forget the address. The sisters shared a nice little video about Thanksgiving and then we went on to the next appointment.

The next stop was the Deville's. Again we had some really good food. They live right next to their cousins so the cousins were over and we played a lot of games and played with the dogs a lot. We also helped set up some Christmas stuff.

Our third appointment fell through so we tried to see some people that evening but no one was home or had time. We ended up playing some card games at the house around 8. 

Other than that we had a slow week. Saturday we were with the Devilles again for service. We were digging trenches so that they can get internet to both their and their cousins houses. It was hard work but we had a lot of fun with the family and got fed some more really good food.

Well that is about all for this past week. I hope everyone is doing really well and that you had many things to be thankful for this season.

Love Y'all!