Calling

Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission Spanish Speaking - August 2016 to August 2018

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Week 20 - December 26, 2016

Hello again everyone!!

So this past week was a really good week! Elder Bean and I were able to see a lot of people, but the coolest people we got to see were Floyd and Wanda. They are two of our investigators and they came to church yesterday!! Saturday morning we sent a text to Floyd asking if we would be able to visit him that day. He called us back and asked what kind of clothes that we wear to church and said that him and his wife wanted to come but weren't sure what we wore. Elder Bean and I were really excited because they called us to ask what to wear and they sounded interested in coming to church. We had invited Floyd the past two weeks but he wasnt able to go because of work. They got to church early and were able to meet some of the members in the ward and after the meeting they told me that they enjoyed the things that were shared in the talk. We are hoping that they will want to come back in the coming weeks.

The next awesome part of my week was being able to talk to my family on Skype!! It both feels like forever since I talked to them and like I left yesterday for my mission. Time flies when you have something to keep you busy and I think this mission will be done before I know it. 

Another Christmas miracle was that we went to the Nations for dinner. Their dog Chloe usually hates all of us missionaries and barks at us whenever we get close to her, but yesterday she would let me and Elder Bean hold her and play with her! It was so cool and it was really nice not having her bark the entire time. 

Yesterday was a busy day for us. First we got up and went to our 8 o'clock meeting and then had Sacrament meeting at 9. After sacrament meeting we went to the Jarnagin's for Skype and for lunch. We got to visit with some of their family while we were there which was really cool. After the Jarnagin's we went to visit with the Deville's and their family. They all are really nice and make some of the best food. We got to play some games with them and talk with some of the family that we haven't met yet. And they are taking us fishing today!!! Our last stop was the Nations. As I said before it was awesome that their dog didn't bark at us. We also played a lot of games at their house. It was a good day.

Well I hope all of you had a great Christmas and got to spend it with your family! Have a great week everyone. Love you all!