Calling

Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission Spanish Speaking - August 2016 to August 2018

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Week 30 - March 7, 2017

Hey Y'all! It has been a good week here in Hammond.

So I got the chance to go on my first real exchanges. I went to Denham Springs with Elder Stucki and Elder Bridges came to Hammond with Elder Israelsen. I had a good time in Denham. Elder Stucki is also from Idaho. He lives in the Nampa area. We spent most of our time tracting. Nothing came of it but we had a good time. There are 4 elders serving in the Denham area. Elder Stucki and Bridges are the Zone Leaders and Elder Barndt and Mghee. I got to spend time with all of them. They are all really awesome Elders.  

Stucki and I had to rush back from transfers because President wanted to do interviews with Elder Israelsen and I in Hammond. The interviews were probably the least interview like thing that I have ever had. All that happened for the interview was President asked if I had any questions that the could give us advice on. It was strange but I like interviews like that. It felt more like I was actually talking to the Mission President than usually happens in an interview with him. 

Yesterday we had another lesson with out investigator Brandon. We taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The lesson went pretty well. We invited Brandon to be baptized. He told us that he still needs time to think about it. After the lesson we committed him to read 2 Nephi 31 and pray to see if baptism is what he needs to do and that we would talk with him about it again next week. He said that he would so we shall see what happens.

So in other sad but good news Elder Davies finally got to go to Brazil! He left yesterday. He is sad to leave Opelousas, cant blame him there, but he is ready to be in Brazil. He is going to do great in Brazil.   

Well just one final thing. Elder Israelsen and I are staying together one more transfer!! It should be good and we look forward to what this transfer will bring!

I hope yall are doing great and have a happy week!! Hasta Luego!