Calling

Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission Spanish Speaking - August 2016 to August 2018

Monday, February 27, 2017

Week 29 - February 27, 2017

Good morning everyone!! It is a nice morning here in Hammond. Transfers are coming up next week and Elder Israelsen and I are both hoping that he stays here for one more transfer. Elder Israelsen is getting the feeling that he is out but I think that he is staying one more with me.

This past week was pretty slow again but we got to do some cool things. This Friday we got to go to the temple with a member from our ward, Brother Abel. He is an awesome guy. We work with him a lot and visit people with him. We got to go to lunch with him before and then go and do a session in the temple. It was Elder Israelsen's first time being able to go to the temple. It is really nice getting to go. I feel that it helps me get my focus back as a missionary and I always feel better after going.

The other cool thing that happened this past week was that we had a great lesson with our investigator, Brandon. He has been coming to church with his girlfriend and we started teaching him last week. This week we taught the Plan of Salvation. That is my favorite lesson to teach. The lesson went really well. Brandon said that he enjoyed it and that it all made sense to him. He still isn't for sure how he feels in regards to being baptized and joining the church but he is thinking about it pretty hard and he is interested in what we teach. 

Other than that this week was slow again. Not too many people here are too interested in what we have to say but hey, as long as we are trying there is always someone to find. I hope y'all are having a great week!!