Calling

Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission Spanish Speaking - August 2016 to August 2018

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Week 26 - February 6, 2017

Hello again from Hammond Louisiana! I am going to apologize in advance, this letter is probably going to be really short. This past week was pretty slow.

The best thing from this week was our lesson with the Strausbaugh's(I think I spelled that right). The father is a less-active member that is working on getting active again. He has three sons. Two 13 year old twins and a five year old. The 13 year olds are working towards baptism. Elder Moody, from the senior couple in our district, went with us. The lesson was on chastity, which I am sure was an awkward topic for two 13 year olds but we had a really good lesson. On of the twins is still on the fence about being baptized but he is really considering it and I think he will make the decision to be baptized.

Other than that the other cool thing that happened was that yesterday at a dinner appointment that we had I got to do the toothpick challenge for a hot sauce. I forgot how high it was on the Scoville heat scale but it was really really hot. It is definitely the hottest thing that I have had here but most of the others at the appointment were disappointed by my reaction because I didn't freak out because of the heat.

Well that is about all for this week. Again I am sorry for the shortness of the letter! 

Have a great week everyone!    

NOTE FROM NATHAN'S DAD: We heard there were tornadoes touching down in the New Orleans area today but from what we can see they were near by where Elder Stoddard is serving but not the same town.