Calling

Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission Spanish Speaking - August 2016 to August 2018

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Week 25 - January 31, 2017

Hola de Hammond!

So it is my first P-Day here in Hammond and I must say I really like it here! There is actually some Spanish work here! Not much but any work is more than what I had in Opelousas. I think my Spanish will get better here! It is a bigger city than Opelousas was and Southeastern Louisiana University really close to us so there are a lot more people here to talk with and the ward is bigger than in Opelousas. I do miss Opelousas but I really like Hammond so it is all good!

My new companion is Elder Israelsen! He is a really awesome guy! We are both pretty laid back and we get along really well together. He is from Logan Utah. His birthday is June 24th! So close to having the same birthday! (Nathan's b-day is June 25) Our Spanish is at about the same level so we will have to work hard to make sure that our Spanish is good enough to talk to people! It should be a really good learning experience for us.

So just some cool stories from my week here. So on Friday pretty much all of our appointments got canceled for the evening so we decided to go to Walmart and buy some groceries. While we were there we wandered through the electronic section because it is fun and started talking to this young couple that was looking at movies. Their names were Andrew and Katie. They asked us about what movies we like and if we had any suggestions for what to watch. We talked for a while and the questions went to what we were dressed up for and we figured out that Katie had been baptized. Andrew had a lot of questions for us and invited us over to teach him the next day! It was really cool! When we taught him he seemed pretty interested and took a Book of Mormon from us.

The next cool thing that happened while I have been here actually happened about 20 minutes after we met Andrew and Katie. When we left Walmart we decided to go to Hibbett Sports and look around for a minute. We started talking with the workers, Karlin and Chris, and ended up talking with them for about an hour. So the really cool thing about Chris is that he just signed to play his rookie year with the Seattle Seahawks!! Him and Karlin are two of the coolest guys I have ever met! They both had so many questions for my companion and I and were impressed by what we are out here doing! They both knew a little bit about Mormons and want us to come back when they are both working and talk with them more!

All in all it has been a pretty good week. I am enjoying the area and cant wait to see what Isrealsen and I are able to get done together!

I hope all yall have a great week! Talk to yall later!