Calling

Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission Spanish Speaking - August 2016 to August 2018

Friday, January 20, 2017

Week 23 - January 16, 2017

Hello again everyone!!

So this past week has definitely been an exciting one. First off this Wednesday we got in a car crash!! YAY!! So fun! Elder Bean and I were driving down to Lafayette area to meet with a potential investigator. On the way down a guy cut us off and hit his breaks. To not hit him Elder Bean had to hit our breaks pretty hard and then we got rear ended. It turned out to be a 4 car pile up. The only car that got really damaged was the one who hit us. Our bike rack definitely saved our car some damage. So that was definitely not a fun experience and now we just hope that our car doesn't have to stay in the shop for a long time.   Editors Note: No one was hurt in this accident.

The next good thing this week was the appointment that we were on our way to when we got in the crash. Sister Freebairn set up an appointment with her friend Mary who is interested in religion and in finding a religion. Mary is the first Spanish speaking investigator that we have had since Fransisco on my first transfer. We weren't able to meet with Mary again this past week because of Zone Meetings but Sister Freebairn is in contact with her and planning another time that we can all go over to meet with her. 

And just when I thought that nothing worse could happen on Wednesday than getting in a car crash, I got asked to give a talk. Yay! My favorite thing to do! I was asked to speak on repentance. Specifically the need and the proper method of repentance. I was hoping that I might get out of Opelousas without speaking. I mean I had already gone four months here and I had never been asked but Sister Gelwix ratted me out. Oh well I really was nice to speak to everyone and I enjoy writing a talk because it allows me to focus my study on a specific topic.

Other than those things this week has been pretty standard. Just trying to spread the Good News of the Gospel.

Alma 42:27
 27 Therefore, O my son, whosoever will come may come and partake of the waters of life freely; and whosoever will not come the same is not compelled to come; but in the last day it shall be restored unto him according to his deeds.

The redemption and atonement of Christ is open to all that seek it but God will now force something on us that we are not willing to seek. Always seek the things of God and he will bless you in ways that you may not understand or see but those blessings are always for your good.

Elder Stoddard