Calling

Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission Spanish Speaking - August 2016 to August 2018

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Week 22 - January 9, 2017

Well hello again everyone! It is a nice just starting to warm back up day here in good ole Opelousas. This past week the weather has been very cold. I think Louisiana weather has made me pretty weak. It only got down to about 25 degrees but I was freezing! That never happens! I love the cold weather! But yesterday and today it started to warm up again so it isn't too bad.

So on Friday we had a lock-down because of how bad the weather was. We were supposed to have Zone Conference and they texted us in the morning that it was cancelled and then an hour later the AP's called and told us that we were on lock-down because of how bad the roads had gotten because of rain and then 25 degree weather. It was a very boring day. It was nice to have a day to relax but after hours of playing the same card games over and over it is a little boring.

This past week Elder Bean and I have been trying harder to get with less-active membersthat have been active in the past. The most promising for coming back any time soon is Sister Carrell. She is a convert of two years but stopped coming a little before I got to Opelousas. Her husband is still very active. We have been meeting with them quite a bit recently and I think it is helping Sister Carrell. She said that she loves having the missionaries over and plans to have us over to feed us. Hopefully she will start coming again soon.

The other good lesson that we had was with the Deville's last night. We taught out of Alma chapter 32. We were talking to them about faith and how they can work on growing their faith. At the end of the lesson Sister Deville gave a request for next weeks lesson which is really nice because we can have a focus on that topic the entire week and come up with something that can be really helpful. We are really hoping that Jarrett Deville will decide that he wants to be baptized. He seems to be getting more and more interested now that we are trying to have our lessons more pointed towards him.

27 But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words.

I am coming to understand more and more that faith isn't just there. I have had to work hard to get the faith that I have and I work on it every day. But if we are always willing to try and to plant that seed of faith and to nourish it it can grow into something magnificent.

I hope all of you have a great week!!