Calling

Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission Spanish Speaking - August 2016 to August 2018

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Week 27 - February 13, 2017

Good Morning yall!! Its been another good week here in Hammond.

So this week I got to go to a "practice" crawfish boil. Brother Abel had Elder Israelsen and me over for crawfish and taught us how to go about opening the crawfish to get the meat. I must say I have never liked seafood or anything like it but it was really good!! The way that they cook the crawfish in the boil makes it taste really good and it doesn't have a really strong seafood flavor. I cant wait for my first full scale boil! It should be a lot of fun!

So the excitement for the week was definitely being on lockdown because of tornado warnings all across the mission. We went out at 7:30 that morning to give a blessing and got back to the apartment around 8:30 and at 9 got a call saying that we were on lockdown until 12. That gave us some extra time to study and yes maybe we did take a nap too! The tornadoes didn't really effect the area around Hammond but New Orleans did get hit. New Orleans really can't seem to get a break.

The other big thing that happened this week was that me and my comp got asked to give a talk in church! Yay!! My absolute favorite! Haha. It was actually a pretty easy topic that I was given. I was asked to talk about how members and missionaries can work together. That is a really easy thing to talk about as a missionary lol. My companion was asked to talk on the focus of missionary work and to give a little rundown of our changes of schedule so that the members would know as well.

That is about it for this week! I hope yall are doing well! Have a great week!