Calling

Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission Spanish Speaking - August 2016 to August 2018

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Week 35 - April 11, 2017*

Good Mornin y'all. So another transfer has passed for me out here on the mission. They seem to get shorter and shorter every time. Elder Israelsen tells me that it is probably because this transfer was only a five week transfer instead of a six week one but I'm still not convinced that is the reason :)

Still no news as to if Israelsen and I are being transferred, the calls wont come in until about 10 or 11 my time. I am hoping that Israelsen and I stay together one more but we will see what happens.

So this week was a little disappointing. We were supposed to have a baptism on the 15th of this month but on Saturday we were informed that we would have to postpone the baptism because of a few things that have come up. I won't go into detail but please keep the Strausbaugh family in your prayers!! 

The big thing this week was the Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival. It is one of the largest festivals here in Louisiana and it is all dedicated to strawberries. Who would have thought strawberries were cool enough to bring hundreds of thousands of people to a small town like Ponchatoula?? Not me that is for sure!! So we got to spend a lot of time at the festival by doing service for the local Kiwanis Club. They were selling non-alcoholic strawberry daiquiri's to earn money for this years projects. It was a lot of fun and when we weren't helping there we got to go around and see some of the booths and talk to people. Not many people there were from our area but we did get to speak some Spanish there so that was really cool!! 

Other than that this week was fairly slow. We got a few new potential investigators this week including a family but we have to follow up with them this week and see if they are interested in continuing meeting with us. I will keep y'all updated on that.

One last thing. If y'all haven't seen the Easter videos that the Church has put out this year, I would strongly encourage y'all to go to Mormon.org and watch all nine videos. They will bring a Spirit of Peace into your homes this Easter season. I have felt and seen in others the Spirit that these videos bring.

Have a great week!! I will keep y'all updated on transfers!!