Calling

Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission Spanish Speaking - August 2016 to August 2018

Monday, July 16, 2018

Week 101 - July 16, 2018 - Ummmmmm

Hey y'all :)

So I've got a story for you. This happened pday after I sent my weekly. I NEVER play basketball on the mission, like never! But this pday the Thib elders had an investigator and a member come to pday to play ball and they wanted to do 3v3 so I played...... terrible idea. Here is the situation. The ball is going out of bounds so I'm chasing to grab and pass it back in. I grab it, plant my foot and being to turn back....... And then I hear this nice loud pop and my knee gives out...... Well I continue turning as I am falling and just my luck, I hit the back if my head on the wall and get s nice little cut back there that really isn't a problem it just likes to bleed a lot. So yeah, I messed up my knee pretty dang bad. Luckily sister Sorensen was there and she had her first aid kit so she patched up my head and I started icing my knee. 

Next day I get my knee looked at by Doctor Albert from the branch. He tells me that it feels and looks like I sprained my meniscus but that it should heal relatively fast..... yeah..... still can't walk on it very well 😂🤣 that was the most boring week of my mission I swear 😂🤣 I sat in a chair, studied, slept and played card games..... just the way I wanted to spend my second to last week here in Louisiana... not. 

Today I am going to go to a physical therapist in the ward and he is going to torture my leg in hopes of making it feel better and heal quickly. 

Other than that, the only really big thing I got to do was go to a Sunday night devotional/FHE/farewell for Brenda and America, two Spanish members of our Branch who are moving to Texas this week. It was really cool and all the members of the branch were able to come! This place really is like a family! I'm going to miss it a lot!

Well y'all, that's my week in a nutshell! Love y'all and see ya in a couple weeks :)

Elder Nathan Stoddard