Calling

Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission Spanish Speaking - August 2016 to August 2018

Saturday, June 23, 2018

Week 97 - June 18, 2018 - Week 1 of final the transfer

Hey y'all :) 

It's been a good first week of my last transfer out here! I'll give some of the highlights! 

First off we got to have district meeting and I got to meet my last district in the mission. The district has changed quite a bit from last transfer. It is now Elders Brown, Sellers, Davis and I, and we have Sisters Pike and Sorensen. It is a pretty good district and I am excited to be finishing my mission with them! 

Saturday night we were able to go to Houma and help our district serve food at the 50th anniversary of the Houma Branch being formed. It was a lot of fun being able to get to know the district better and getting to know the members from Houma! 

We also got the opportunity to go to Baton Rouge for Stake Conference! It was super good! The last talk was on repentance and accepting the Saviors sacrifice for us. It was really powerful but the part that stood out to me was when Elder Kleibengat began it by talking about how everyone is different. He said "The Lord called us at this time because of who we are, our strengths and maybe even our weaknesses." I love that. The Lord knows us personally and knows that even our weaknesses can be used for His good purposes! That makes me happy because I have a lot of weaknesses, but even with those weaknesses, God can use me to spread His Gospel.

It was also nice to see some of my mission friends one last time before I go home since they aren't in my Zone. The pictures are me with Sister Perez and Elder Hoole, two people I had served close to in Downtown. 

Well I think that is it for this week! Have a great week y'all! 

Elder Nathan Stoddard