Calling

Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission Spanish Speaking - August 2016 to August 2018

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Week 58 - September 18, 2017 - Holiness to The Lord

Hola y'all :)

So the first cool thing that happened this week was that we got to go to the temple as a district! It was sooo fun! I love being able to go to the temple as a missionary! And you sometimes run into someone from a past area which is cool! This past time I ran into Elder Moody, senior missionary in Hammond. He told me a lot about what is going on there. I learned that a lot of people that I had worked with in Hammond to prepare them for the temple will be going through soon and I can wait to go and see them go through! It will be such a cool experience to go through with someone I've come to know and love!

Other than that this was a pretty standard week haha! Missionary work doesn't really change that much so there isn't much to tell that I haven't already told! The Spanish group here is doing well. Yesterday was a pretty small group tho because most of the families had to work until 6 and that is when the group meets! We did get some cool youth there and they are interested in coming again and bringing their family so we might be on to something out here!

So this week I was reading in 1Corinthians Chapter 4 and I think I found the perfect scripture to describe what is is like as a missionary. 

10 We are fools for Christ’s sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honorable, but we are despised.
11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;
12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
13 Being defamed, we entreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.

This is what I love about the mission, I go out every day as a fool 'for Christ's sake' but because of this others become 'wise in Christ.' This has been the hardest thing about the mission. It isn't fun to be the 'fool' or 'despised' or 'the filth of the world.' Who would want to be these things? But it is soooo worth it! I wish it was easier to set aside my pride and be that 'fool' but every time I do I never regret that decision.

I love y'all and pray that everything is going good for y'all :)

Keep the faith and always remember that our Heavenly Father and the Savior love you and are aware of you :)

Con amor,
Elder Nathan Stoddard