Calling

Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission Spanish Speaking - August 2016 to August 2018

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Week 66 - November 14, 2017 - Where did the transfer go?

Where did the transfer go?

Hola y'all!

First off, Where the crap did this transfer go?! Like it feels like it was just last week that we lost English Elders and it became just me and Izzy in the apartment! It has been a great transfer and I am sad to see it end. So the transfer news is that Elder Israelsen is going to go salt n pepper in Metairie. Kinda funny since last time Izzy and I got separated I went salt n pepper. I am staying here in Chalmette and my new comp will be Elder Hernandez. I am super excited to have a native comp that can really help me with my Spanish! This should be a good transfer!

So this week was kinda crazy! We had interviews with President on Tuesday and that was good. I really love our Mission President and his wife. They really are like our parents away from home. This week we got bored of the regular tracting routine and so we decided to go on a walk haha. We went to an area that has some cool graffiti that we wanted to get pictures with and just walked around and got to talk to a bunch of people! Best part is it is sooo much easier to start a conversation out on the street than it is on someones doorstep and a lot of times people will end up coming to talk to us! For example, we were walking past an art gallery that wasn't open yet but the owner was outside and stopped us to talk and ask what we were out doing. We got to tell him about what we were doing and where we were from and he thought it was super cool. He even let us come into his gallery so that we could look around! In the end we traded information with him and are planning to do service for them at the gallery!

The other cool thing that we got to do this week was go with Brother Landers to give presents to the granddaughter of a member of our ward. It was a member that I have only met once before but she is super sweet and her granddaughter was sooo happy to get presents! 

Idk I know that a lot more stuff happened this week but my brain just can't remember them right now haha! Well I hope all is well with all y'all!

Elder Nathan Stoddard