Calling

Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission Spanish Speaking - August 2016 to August 2018

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Week 75 - January 16, 2018 - I HAVE A DREAM

Hey y'all!

Alright so I will just get right to the fun stuff for this week! First off Sunday was an awesome day! We had a Southern States broadcast from Salt Lake which was really cool. Elder Bednar presided and gave an awesome talk about repentance and how our faith in Jesus Christ is what makes repentance more than just a changing of ways, it is what makes us clean from our sins. It was a super good broadcast, almost like a miniature General Conference!

After the broadcast a large group of missionaries got invited to stay at the St. Charles building to be part of a missionary choir that would be going to sing that evening at a Baptist Church that was holding a memorial service for Martin Luther King Jr. We sang 'I Believe in Christ' and 'As I Have Loved You.' It was super cool and we also got to hear a real Southern Baptist Preacher talk which is always fun! I wish I had a video for y'all so y'all could experience just how crazy and fun a Baptist Church can be out here haha!

On Monday we got to march in the New Orleans MLK day parade. I  was a little skeptical about how well it would go having a bunch of missionaries passing out pass-along cards in an MLK parade but man it was probably one of the most fun things I have done on the mission! We passed out thousands of cards and it was super fun to meet and talk to some of the people that we handed cards to! All the little kids got so happy when you walked up to them to hand them a card! About seven or so of us walked out on the side of the parade on the grass where people were sitting in the back and passed out cards to them since they werent right at the edge where everyone else was passing them out. We even ran across the street on the far side a couple times to give the people over there cards! It was so freaking fun! I'm sad that I will probably never get to do that again..... but I'm glad I got this experience. 

After the parade, all 60-70 of us missionaries walked to a restaurant named Mother's and the Stake President, President Stock, payed for all of us for lunch! Like dang that is pretty darn generous! I can only imagine how much it cost but he is an amazing guy! 

Well that is the excitement for the week! I hope that all is well with everyone and that the New Years resolutions are still going strong! I love y'all!

Elder Nathan Stoddard