Calling

Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission Spanish Speaking - August 2016 to August 2018

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Week 90 - May 1, 2018 - Transfers

Hey y'all :)

Well it's transfer week and I have some news. I am going to Morgan City. Not sure how I am feeling about it. I am really sad to leave Downtown after only two here and I am sad to be leaving J. We were getting this area going and we were having so much fun together!! But I am getting an awesome comp in Mo' City. I will be with Elder Brown and he should be the comp that kills me off! So I am excited for this part! I couldn't have asked for a better final comp!

The other super cool thing from this week was to see four members of a family that I started teaching in Chalmette get baptized!! Their names are Rashekka (she is the mom), Makara, Markel and Marquis! It was sooo awesome to see! Markel was in the room talking with Elder Boyd and me after getting into the baptism white and his mom comes walking in and just breaks into a huge smile, runs over and hugs him and says that she is so proud of him and happy that they get to be baptized together! I have never seen her so happy and it was the most amazing thing I have ever seen! I am so happy I was serving in an area where I was able to go to the baptism! I am so happy for them and their choice to get baptized! The Lord has already blessed them so much and will continue to do so! 

Well y'all I am sad that this is my last email from New Orleans but it is going to be good out there in Mo' City! Elder Brown and I are going to have a lot of fun and get that area going! Farewell NOLA, I shall miss you!

Elder Nathan Stoddard