Calling

Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission Spanish Speaking - August 2016 to August 2018

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Week 82 - March 5, 2018 - Dinner with a Pelican

Hey y'all ☺

It's been a pretty good week here in Downtown so here are some of the highlights!

First I got to go on exchanges with my good friend Elder Tu'avaou. He has was one of the elders that served here in Downtown before T and I got doubled in. We did exchanges with him so he could show us some of the good Spanish areas over here! It was pretty effective. He was able to show me some neighborhoods to check out and they ended up being great areas when T and I came back later!

The second cool thing also happened on exchanges. I got to go to dinner with Frank Jackson, a player for the Pelicans! For those who don't know that is the New Orleans NBA team! Frank is a member from Utah and loves taking the missionaries out when he can! He is also really good friends with one of my previous comps, Elder Magee! He is a super funny guy and I mean who doesn't feel cool going to dinner with a NBA player?! 😁😁

The last cool thing from this week was that I got to go to a baptism for a lady in Chalmette that the sisters had been teaching! Because Chalmette doesn't have a building they came to the church on St Charles which is only a 10 minute walk from our house so it was cool to go! Her name is Lakeyshea. She is an awesome lady and I am so happy she decided to get baptized! It was also cool to see all the members from the Chalmette Branch again! 

I think that is all the cool/fun things from this week! I hope all is well back home! Love y'all!

Elder Nathan Stoddard 

P.s. These are some pictures of the area that I am serving in right now